Being Greek means more than just wearing “letters”, attending meetings, and going to parties. Greek individuals comprise only 3% of the population of the United States. However, this 3% comprises a very successful group of individuals:
- According to nationwide study of fraternity and sorority members, by belonging to a fraternity your chances of graduating are greater by up to 10 percent.
- Greek members on average donate more than four times as much to their respective universities as alumni than do non Greeks.
- As Alumni, Greeks give approximately 75% of all money donated to universities.
- As undergraduates, Greeks raise approximately $7 million per year for charities.
- As undergraduates, Greeks give approximately 850,000 volunteer hours per year.
- Studies prove that Fraternity and Sorority Alumni are much more likely than non-Greeks to participate in community service activities after graduation.
- Forty-three of the 100 members of the U.S. Senate are members of a fraternity or sorority.
- Thirty-Six percent of the House of Representatives are members of a sorority or fraternity.
- 40 of 47 U.S. Supreme Court Justices have been and are Greek.
- 63% of all U.S. Cabinet members since 1900 have been and are Greek.
- A study by the University of Missouri found that Greeks throughout the U.S. and Canada are more involved on their campuses and rate their overall university experience better than non-Greeks.
- The same U of Missouri study found Greeks are more financially successful after they graduate than non-Greeks, are more involved in their communities, and give more generously to their alma maters.
Many employers are more inclined to hire someone who has been a member of a Greek organization because of his/her leadership and teamwork skills.
The Opportunity of a Lifetime
Pi Kappa Alpha consists of Scholars, Leaders, Athletes, and Gentlemen. If you exemplify one or several of these ideals, you could be just the type of person that Pike is looking for. Pi Kappa Alpha is continuously working hard to find men who want to be champions, men who are dedicated to a common vision. Perhaps you are looking for way to enhance your college experience. Perhaps you are looking for ways to get involved. Only you can determine what you want to get out of a fraternity. You’ll find out here what Pi Kappa Alpha has to offer, and what Pike membership expects. You’ll know the facts.
And Now It’s Time To Make A Decision
Just remember that too many people complete their college career with regrets. At this moment, you have an opportunity to join an organization that will impact and influence your campus community, professional career, and leadership ability. Are you ready for that challenge, or will you look back at your college career wondering… “what if?”
BOTTOM LINE: Pi Kappa Alpha enhances the collegiate experience while providing a lifetime of opportunity and rewards. Its legacy demands nothing less than excellence.