Pi Kappa Alpha will set the standard of integrity, intellect, and achievement for our members, host institutions, and the communities in which we live.
The Pi Kappa Alpha Preamble
For the establishment of friendship on a firmer and more lasting basis; for the promotion of brotherly love and kind feeling; for the mutual benefit and advancement of the interests of those with whom we sympathize and deem worthy of our regard; We have resolved to form a Fraternity, believing that, thus we can most successfully accomplish our object.”
We believe in the importance of virtue and commit to living the values of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. We recognize that truth is the foundation of all lasting association, and we will seek wisdom and knowledge while serving others in modesty and dignity.Recalling that Pi Kappa Alpha is a lifelong commitment, I therefore reaffirm to live my life with honor and courage seeking the inherent worth in each person I meet; to accept all brothers of Pi Kappa Alpha in love and friendship; and to serve my faith, my family, my community, my alma mater, and my Fraternity. Only then, by living these virtues, will we realize our fullest potential.
Pi Kappa Alpha is dedicated to developing men of integrity, intellect, and high moral character and to fostering a truly lifelong fraternal experience. To fulfill this mission, Pi Kappa Alpha will:
- Encourage all our members to live the values taught in our ritual.
- Provide innovative services and programs designed to enrich the lives of our undergraduates, alumni, and communities.
- Create opportunities for our undergraduate and alumni members to participate in the life of Pi Kappa Alpha on a daily basis.
- Promote and foster a spirit of pride, loyalty, inclusion and respect for Pi Kappa Alpha and its rich history. Empower our undergraduate and alumni members to help shape Pi Kappa Alpha’s future by being informed ambassadors and involved advocates.
- Encourage our undergraduate and alumni members to take an active role in advancing Pi Kappa Alpha’s interests by volunteering their time and by contributing to the Fraternity’s annual giving campaign.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with our alumni, students and host institutions through various channels on a continuous basis.
- Value academic achievement and practice academic integrity
- Establish positive and lasting relationships with our host institutions, alumni and communities.
- Encourage our members to be of strong mind and body.